DACA provides services involving:
Primary services offered:
- Free tax filing for qualified clients
- Tax Counseling
- Training to file taxes
- FAFSA Counseling
- Training to prepare FAFSAs
- Housing counseling/Foreclosure outreach (see below)
- Credit awareness workshops
- Financial Empowerment Programs (see below)
- Financial literacy courses (see below)
- Computer proficiency courses
Continued from above:
Perform door-to-door outreach to all homeowners who receive foreclosure-filing notices. We help homeowners through the mediation process to save their home.
DACA Financial Empowerment Programs will offer:
- Group and one on one counseling
- Help students with FASFA forms and applying for SEED funds.
- Teach them how they may repair their credit scores
- We will help them understand the true cost of Car Title and Pay Day loans
- Home equity loans promise, purpose, and coast.
- Home improvement loans and how to compare the true cost of different offers;
- Credit cards promise, purpose and cost;
- Personal loans;
- Checking and savings accounts, free may have a cost etc.
- Provide year round tax services
Financial literacy courses:
By providing financial literacy education, we will help build self-esteem. In turn, they will be empowered to educate others. We will draw hundreds of low to moderate-income families and individuals to our workshops and introduce them to alterative lower cost capital and the wonders of compound interest on their savings.
- Parents/guardians, schools administrators, teachers, and community leaders, will strive to expand the learning environment with a community, of individuals who foster a commitment to young people and their parents/guardians. Many entities throughout the community including churches, member organizations, companies and individuals share the desire and responsibility to effect positive change in the lives of underserved youth and families.
- Health awareness in underserved communities through hosting health and wellness educational programs, seminar and health fairs which will enhance community awareness that would provide and build a healthy relationship with in the community and with their doctors.
Avoid police brutality by building relationships, through partnership with the community will strive to create a safe environment in which to live, work, and visit.
Strive to create atmosphere where police and community will learn to treat each other with respect and dignity regardless of their ethical back round.
- The Fire Prevention/Environmental awareness together with the community, safety will promote public safety by working alone with our local fire department in educating people on fire codes and standards, teaching the right way to use fire prevention equipments.
- Entrepreneur and job training will provide low-income communities with the opportunity to obtain skills and learn how to apply for skilled jobs. On hand, training can result in increased revenue, improved market penetration, and increased commitment from employees.